Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Interview with Monica from Spilled Ink

This is my interview with my dear friend Monica, who lives somewhere on planet Earth.  We decided a while ago that we would interview each other and post the interviews on our blogs, and of course, being as cool as she is, Monica got there first :)  If you don't already follow her at her blog 'Spilled Ink', please do so now!


Q. 1:  What inspired you to start your blog?
A.:  Somebody told me that my Chibi comics were funny, and my Mom suggested that I start a blog to post them on. I also wanted a place to ramble and not worry about bugging anybody. ;) And really, I enjoy the power-trip that comes from having a blog. XD

Q. 2:  Even though you haven't read all the books yet, which do you prefer, The Lord of the Rings Movies or Books?
A.:  Um... I like certain elements from both! Overall I'd say that I like the books better, but I did like a few of the things they changed in the movies. Like the Helm's Deep part in the movie, I know it wasn't so big and dramatic in the books, but I just loved that part of the movie! "Where is the horse and the rider..." [dreamy sigh] But then again, I dislike what the Two Towers movie did to Faramir. >:(


Q. 3:  You're homeschooled, I'm homeschooled, and we both know that homeschooling rocks (no disrespect to all you public schoolers and private schoolers out there), but tell us why it rocks?
A.:  Well, for me the biggest advantage is that I don't have to deal with all that peer pressure stuff. Not like I would abandon my beliefs, but I would seriously be having trouble dealing with the whole world screaming at me that I'm wrong. I'm also glad I don't have to sit through Planned Parenthood contraception talks. They give those at high-schools. And really, I just like the freedom.

Q. 4:  If you could only have one, what superpower would you have?
A.:  Telekinesis! Moving stuff with my mind, eventually going crazy and turning into energy... Yeah. All the supers with Telekinesis end up going crazy! I wonder why that is...

Q. 5:  Favorite author of all time?
A.:  Aaaaaahhhh! Why? I like a lot of authors [sniff]. Well, Charles Dickens is awesome, and A Tale of Two Cities is my favorite book at the moment. Victor Hugo is also terrific, what with all that rambling. My favorite modern author is Dean Koontz, he writes horror/suspense. I suppose that overall, I'd say Fulton J. Sheen. He was a Catholic philosopher, and his writing has really helped me understand The Bible and the life of Jesus.

Q. 6:  If you could vacation anywhere on Earth, where would it be?
A.:  Japan! More specifically, Nikko, Japan. It's in the Tochigi prefecture, and it's beautiful! If I couldn't go to Japan, I'd go to France or the Guadalupe Shrine in Mexico. Viva Mexico!

Q. 7:  What is your most viewed post?
A.:  For whatever reason it's my review of The Phantom of the Opera. XD It's got close to 100 views.


Q. 8:  Would you rather tell us your deepest, darkest secret, or fall over Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel?
A.:  Fall off Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel, that way I could at least reenact the Barrel Escape scene from The Desolation of Smaug. :D

Q. 9:  Now do whatever you picked in the last question.  Just kidding! :D Tell us how long you've been drawing chibi comics and why you started?
A.:  I've been drawing them since September of 2012, and trust me, they have GREATLY improved since then! They used to be so tall and skinny, with perfectly round, creepy eyes! Anyway, I don't know why I started. I think I wanted to draw comics like Bill Watterson and Jim Davis. I'm finally inventing some characters to start my own kind of strip. :)

Q. 10:  The final most important question, favorite flavor of Ice Cream?
A.:  CHERRY!! Cherry is divine, Cherry is wonderful.

Thanks so much for answering these questions!  Reading them gave me that feeling that you get when you open a present on your birthday or Christmas :D
Again to all you people who don't already follow Monica!  Go do it, now!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting me do this! It was a lot of fun, and I liked your questions. XD Nice pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hiya! I've selected the 'Always' option on the Comment Moderation, so as long as your comment does not include swearing, vulgar language, nasty comments, rude jokes, etc., your comment will be approved shortly! If your comment does include any of the above, you and your comment will be sentenced to the (cue voice that sounds like doom itself) PIT OF DEATH (uncue voice) for eternity! So thank you in advance for following these simple and tiny guidelines! Helpful criticism is gratefully accepted!