Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Reflections

This is something that I just wanted to put up because, well, this is my blog and I can put up what I want!

Well anyways, reading through The Shadow of the Bear  I noticed some things about the book that I never really noticed before.  Or maybe I had and I just don't remember, but in any case, onward!

Okay, so in the beginning of the book Rose, Blanche, and Bear are talking, and Rose mentions that she believes that everyone (or at least most people) are really something other than what they seem, and that either they have forgotten their true form, or secretly know.  She says, "Ugh, imagine being a princess and not knowing it!"  That (like lots of other things in books) started me on the following train of thought:

Wait, when you're baptized, that makes you a child of God and heir to the kingdom of Heaven, which in turn makes you a prince or princess.  Well, really, we're all children of God, but some of us don't know, or have forgotten that fact.  So a lot of people in this world really are princes and princesses, but don't know it.  That really is sad.

Now I don't know if I'm coming up with things that the author never meant to be there, or what, but that's just my train of thought.  You can get on the train, or let it pass, your choice!  Oh, and by the way, I won't judge you based on your choice :)

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting, I never would have thought of that (though I haven't read the book, so I don't know what I'd have thought of)! Reminds me of Teresa Tomeo's books.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya! I've selected the 'Always' option on the Comment Moderation, so as long as your comment does not include swearing, vulgar language, nasty comments, rude jokes, etc., your comment will be approved shortly! If your comment does include any of the above, you and your comment will be sentenced to the (cue voice that sounds like doom itself) PIT OF DEATH (uncue voice) for eternity! So thank you in advance for following these simple and tiny guidelines! Helpful criticism is gratefully accepted!