Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Stocking Update: Week 1

First week of Stocking updates!  Yay!

So I started the stocking like, two weeks ago, and normally the only chance I get to work on it is on the weekends, and at The Needle Club (a girl's crafty group where I live).  So I don't normally get a lot done.  If it was my younger sister who is crazy about crafts and will sew and crochet all day long, she'd have it done by now.  But I don't have the luxury of that much time :P

Oh yes, and please excuse the low quality of some of the pictures.

Before I started taking photos of this project I finished the stocking front, which was mostly a lot of sequins and embroidery.

Pretty snowflakes!
Then the fun stuff started!!  The snowman has, well, a snowman butt bottom, so I sequined it and appliqued (fancy for sewing it onto the main body of the stocking) it, and it actually turned out pretty nice.  I had some problems with sequins that wanted to keep falling off, but it looks pretty nice now.


Then I did the snowman arms and mittens.  The arms were pretty easy, just sequin, stuff, and applique.
I never actually got a picture of the arm by itself.  Woops
Then came the mittens.  There's not one, not two, but THREE pieces to the mittens.  And how they were supposed to go on was kind of confusing.  And never mind all that, I also had to have my first experiment and embroidery!!!  O.o  And, yeah, that didn't turn out too well.  I think one of the lines turned out pretty well, but the rest were a mess.

They don't look terrible in this picture, but trust me, they are worse in real life.
I've been told that practice makes perfect, but, uh, I'm not sure I'll ever get anywhere near perfect.

I finally figured out how to put the finger ends of the mittens on, and it turns out I'm not supposed to sew all the way around the edge of the fingers when you applique the mitten fingers on, so that way the snowman can hold his lights.  Yeah........


But all turned out well, and I'm working on sequinning the snowman middle, so that should be on by next week!  But for now, there are two floating snowman arms.........  Hey, if I could I would put the head on next and then we could have a floating snoman snowman head too!

For some reason this reminds me of the Cheshire Cat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya! I've selected the 'Always' option on the Comment Moderation, so as long as your comment does not include swearing, vulgar language, nasty comments, rude jokes, etc., your comment will be approved shortly! If your comment does include any of the above, you and your comment will be sentenced to the (cue voice that sounds like doom itself) PIT OF DEATH (uncue voice) for eternity! So thank you in advance for following these simple and tiny guidelines! Helpful criticism is gratefully accepted!